Gym Shooting Techniques

What’s up guys, new shooter here. Love some of the gym content some of y’all captured. Wanted to see if there was any tips or tricks on how you get some shots in the gym and not look sus. Especially since there’s hella people and mirrors around. Anything advice helps!!

6 Likes

There’s plenty of ways to get footage just depends on how you do things. Hiding equipment is illegal :no_entry_sign: a lot of ppl have there phones out and bold enough to record like that…and some don’t. Get a screen black out app to secretly record. I mean, I think you need to take advantage of that search bar and look through old post to learn the basics…then work your way up to the gym. Candid Photo Tips

5 Likes
  1. Get a GoPro
  2. Work your routine around wherever the hottest girls are

I sometimes record myself at the gym on some of my lifts, but I always take the GoPro with me just in case. If I get in the gym and see an absolute smoke show on the cable machine, at my gym you’ll get a perfect shot of it from the deadlift platform. So I just go do my deadlifts and position the camera so she’s in the shot. Doesn’t make me look sus because I’m actually lifting and she’s doing her own thing unperturbed, except it’s in 4K/60 and I can edit myself out of the final shot

9 Likes

Very smart

If u have a concealed camera and your shooting with it and somehow someone notices and report you. It’s an issue and you will go to the slammer… Hidden Candid is the easiest way to get locked up quick and FBI in your biz…go research

That’s in most cases, there are some small areas that have different rules.

@Kafuru where are you with rules like that?
General location of course, region

Guys the real secret is this, you have to find yourself a gym bag that has those 2 little holes on the side, then you line up your phone camera in a position where its easy to hit record and slide in your gym bag washout looking suspicious, you have to creat something hold your phone in place, then one big tip i recommend is when you decided to film the subject, do not make eye contact, act as if they arent even there, because you know youll have some awesome shots on your phone when you check later lol i always drop my bag where i want the camera facing, dont make it obvious and workout like a normal person lol thank me later, hope to see some good stuff on here😉

3 Likes

Well let’s just say where I live in the US and recording an individual w/o their knowledge is a punishable crime. It’s illegal to record someone privately without their consent unless it’s in your house. It’s just total bullshit imo.

Wow! You can’t just record people anywhere in your house, ie a bathroom. Maybe that’s not what you meant.
Very curious of the state, you may be the 1-2 outlier, I can’t remeber exactly which states off hand have specific laws BUT I didn’t think they were state wide either. There are a few towns that have laws, but even then - there is fine print. Sure, the lawyer would be more expensive.
I’m trying to think of the law/area while also thinking of traffic cams, banks, atms, standard security, pvt security, standard usage like flicks of a monument, scenery, etc. again, more expensive lawyer

Yea no lie my man…u can record ppl without consent in your house maybe it’s due to a privacy thing and one’s house is consider privacy in my area. So, yeah bathroom shots galore for any fine chick coming over to the crib lol. I’m sure if a girl is coming over you’ll probably be hitting 3rd base tho. Women don’t just go to any guys house without a plan😁

2 Likes

I know there are laws, wouldn’t be the first one I broke.

Scare tactics! Truthfully.
Works for 90%+ of all members/people, that much you can agree! People are absent minded while be photographed, that’s all, the agreement is you will not take advantage. I mean climbing trees in the neighbors yard for celebrity pics is probably still ‘OK’, so it varies by locale.

It’s more of a shaming, like when jaywalking started - the cops would scream at you on the street and that was enough back then. Today, they arrest you and you can sit cuffed to a bench for 13 hours while a team combs the 10k page law book to find a class of crime you may have committed. Anyone remeber when tattooing was illegal? I do, and that was the year 2000 near the largest Naval base in the world, go figure!! The judge didn’t even know. Meaning they can be assholes as well.

You can find the laws per local/state cuz that’s what matters, and you can claim constitution to some extent as well based off the states varying verbiage.

I do this for fun, for the kicks. Already being criminal minded and like every other law I broke, I make sure I know the ins and outs, the consequences down to the detail, and how/when to minimize, best way to travel, my surroundings with head on a swivel…ready. I only say this cuz I would suggest knowing exactly what your facing, it sweetens the profit and makes you learn when to walk straight in which town, city, and county all of which can be different down to even a 2-block strip. Know your hobby, do the research, you don’t buy a MacBook just to watch YouTube videos.

I am not an arrogant person, I swear! I have a high attention to detail and always the need to be prepared.
:heart:

2 Likes

I am going to try one of these, perhaps one with a more discreet phone pocket would be better. Leaving your phone and bottle on floor while recording could yield some great content and easily justify not letting your phone sit on the dirty gym floor.

3 Likes

hey brother, do you have a photo (google is fine) of these 2 little holes in bags?
ive gone ahead and made some holes in my own bag, but i cant have any way to make my damn phone sit still and positione correctly in the hole!

cheers

1 Like

Get a small duffel bag, with a mesh pocket large enough to fit a smartphone with a background video recording app. The phone will usually be able to film past the mesh. Put some towels and gym-appropriate drinks in the bag to fill it up, use the towels and drinks during your workout, and any time you’re alone you can start/stop recording. Can even listen to podcasts or music on Bluetooth while the phone is recording. And each time you go for a drink or use a towel, you’ll “happen” to place the bag facing something cute. Just try not to reposition it too often - if the subject moves, wait for her to come back or leave before you touch anything. If she’s farther away you can shoot in 4k and zoom in post-production.

You’ll get the hang of positioning quickly, but practice at home first to make sure you know how to get a good angle.

My local sporting equipment store has multiple sizes. They’re very practical otherwise.

I’m not scared to open shoot. I don’t need the apps or anything like that. A hip clip and a set of cojones gets the job done. Well for me atleast😁

1 Like