Social media will destroy candids

What about Tumblr?

I had one for sometime prior to Twitter’s big boot! I saw others sharing their content but I thought it was odd.
Now after all this time I have been reposting only, my account cannot be searched, and some other setting….my account is still active while others are cancelled time and again!!!

This freak out was huge some 10yrs ago - anyone remember the group on Reddit? HA! That went sour super quick! While the big paid sites became a thing…

Quality is pretty bad I’d say no. Just perfect your phone game

Been looking at the pen cam but haven’t gotten it yet. Was curious if it was good enough to use. before I spent the money.

Methods are out there using Pi & Arduino with a huge support on almost every site. You can implement these things in your clothing, the computers are small as a credit card.

5 Likes

That’s interesting, we should hurry up in buying those things because fcking amazon, Idk if is amazon who is removing these products because “its scary aaahh” or because the manufacturer is not selling so much :confused:

I fly to another state for Candids, for instance Texas, hawaii,Miami,Florida,California,las Vegas

2 Likes

I agree!

Well if you are using your phone make sure to enable a black screen (if necessary). Two phones can always help sway suspicion as well. Have a fake conversation on an old device, your simple yes, mhmm, I can get that etc. Then film in pocket with your actual phone. I always used to find those external phone holders that clip to your belt stupid, and just for old people. Until I started filming. Jeans that have rips near the pockets can also be beneficial. Don’t make it blatant, but if you purchase a pair of jeans with rips and tears. Just make your own camera sized rip right where your phone sits. For gym excursions there are some pretty cool water bottle cameras I saw a few years ago. I imagine the tech has only gotten better. They also make sunglasses that have a lens, granted this may force you to direct your gaze at said ass.

2 Likes

Some of you tend to forget about one thing those social media platforms provide that sites like these don’t: the option to make your posts private, that way, you have control over who can and who cannot see your posts.
It could be argued that sites like these are more unsafe than posting on those social media platforms. But hey, that’s just me.

I use iPhone, all my posts are from iPhone 11-6.
I enable voiceover in settings to turn on my black screen. You need to double tap things for them to work.

Wait, enable voice over
…frantically searching…
I use the Shortcuts app/feature to perform a series of tasks with a push of a button,
-one for pics and one for vids,
triple click power to reduce brightness,
And others.
I need specifics for this voiceover, directions, and good and bad!! :+1::+1:

2 Likes

You need to double tap buttons, to swipe use three fingers. To record in camera tap video button once to select then double tap to record. Using three fingers triple tap the screen to make it go dark.

I see the settings but don’t understand how to use this with one hand or even one finger.

Here’s two other posts, first one talks about whitepoint and shortcuts:

This has some good content:

Here’s a back tap option. This isn’t as good with a case one though:

The voiceover is something to master, I went from 10 seconds to 4 seconds then boom or sometimes I spot my target and set up before I walk into the store etc…

1 Like

I don’t use but one finger at a time, I may look for a quick second to find the app only. Then it’s either thumb or index finger.

I touch a modified/custom button/app on my screen:

1. the volume goes down,
  2. screen brightness to 5%,
  3. switches to camera app
  • pics or videos, depending on the button I push

Then if I need to due to a dark room or others nearby, I triple click the power button to remove all whitepoint on the screen

Use volume buttons for the shutter

Thanks to Shortcuts!!
Even better I’ve found, works way better with AirPods but not necessary, I can say:
“Hey Siri! Use ‘Flower’ or ‘Butter’”
…to start the Shortcut app (flower/butter in place of the apps custom name)

1 Like

Update:I got caught yesterday but not how you think, some girl came up to me and said your camera roll is on and I was freaking out. Though it wasn’t recording so I said “oh haha I was taking a picture for a friend who needs something.

2 Likes

That’s gnna happen a lot. Being ready for that, being able to act like nothing is out of ordinary, and being ready to recover and go back to your subject is key!! So when your NOT looking where shooting, keep an eye on the other direction where your screen can be visible.

Invest in apps or new phone depending on what you use.

Ye I forgot to turn off my screen while I was recording

1 Like