To the people in relationships, I need your advice

Well not exactly technical advice on how to shoot. But more on general advice. If you have a girlfriend and still keep shooting candids, doesn’t that make you feel guilty?

In my case, I’ve been shooting candids even before I got a girlfriend and still do up until now. But I guess I’ve been feeling guilty lately doing this hobby behind her back, it somehow feels wrong.

Not only that, shooting candids is giving me the “Grass is greener” syndrome meaning I’ll sometimes be wondering what it would be like to get to know or date other girls (although I would never do that but you know what I mean).

So yeah, how do y’all maintain a healthy balance in your relationships and taking candids?

13 Likes

Honestly bro, I feel the same way and am in the same boat completely. I question this “hobby” a lot.

5 Likes

Your family and relationships come before anything else. If you don’t feel good about what you’re doing, you shouldn’t do it.

Nobody on this site is worth feeling guilty over.

13 Likes

Maybe I’m just a sociopath but I don’t feel bad :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

I’m like you, I have a partner but that doesn’t stop me from taking candid shots at all… I even take them when we are out together and she hasn’t noticed me doing it, I’d never cheat or anything on her but I love taking candids so much but in a nutshell I don’t feel guilty in the slightest… Do what you gotta do for your life and others

5 Likes

Wanting to look at other girls ass (and have it on ur phone for fapping) doesn’t make you bad or unloyal. We are all human and life is too short too just ignore the bountiful world of booty all around us.

8 Likes

I feel the same way where sometimes I do feel guilty cause I know if she found out it would break her heart so I stopped now I only enjoy what people post on here, so if you feel that way then stop and see if you feel better if not keep doing it

3 Likes

Personally if you have a girlfriend and you like her and the relationships is good i would stop.

You could keep what you have and start again when you guys split, I personally deleted everything and quit entirely when i was in relationship. Living a dual life is exhausting.

You do want your girlfriend to think you find other women attractive and could potentially get another girl easily. But I imagine if she busted you on this she would over react, do you really want to deal with that?

3 Likes

Thats the way to be! Open about it or stop doing it imo.

What’s your girlfriends opinion about it?

Gotta catch em all!

Alright let me get this straight, look at it this way…
You should always prioritize your family and relationships first ! Always !
Now when you’re free and have time to have fun with your hobby, go ahead ! I’ve always said it, Candids has always been a thing for me and it gives me a peace of mind.

Yeah unfortunately it’s a hobby looked down upon but do not feel guilty my friend, we’ve all been there and gone through it ! At one point you’ll realize that your life is your life not anyone else’s but go back to the start and remember that your girlfriend is what matters the most and keep her happy. Do not let this hobby at any point get in the middle of a decision with her. Love her, then you can love Candids. I’ve been into candids way back from when I was very little, ain’t nothing stopping me. I love it but I also know when I can and when I can’t that is the perfect balance.

2 Likes

Another thing to take note, when you’re with her. Have attention just on her not on any subject. You may slip a wandering eye on one but keep it as motivation to go out and shoot when you are free !

1 Like

Very well put my man.

Balance in all things

Very well said, this is something I should work on cos I get frustrated when I’m with her and some really good subjects appear but I can’t do anything since I’m out with my girl. I don’t show her I’m frustrated though, I just scream inside my head lol