What is everyone's opinion/experience with shirt button spy cams?

I’ve now heard mixed feedback on spy glasses, but what about shirt button spy cams? Has anyone had any success with these to be able to record/take stills of subject in shopping stores?

3 Likes

I just feel like it adds so many more steps, not just to film but also to review your shots

Also think about being more discreet. You can’t be discreet as much when having spy glasses on, you can however be more discreet with a small camera/phone in hand.

It’s sadly preferable for me to check my work as I go. Small spy objects have to be turned on right, else you can have it unactivated and not know.

1 Like

Same opinion

It’s too much hassle imo. I still believe using a phone with a bvr works best. Or a bag cam, basically a phone secured in a bag.

3 Likes

thank you for your input. what techniques do you personally prefer?

Not in shopping stores. But they are great for the asian massage spas :wink:

2 Likes

Quality :-1:
Megapixels :-1:
FPS :-1:

1 Like

Exactly how I feel about the phone on hip, device in a bag, etc. they do have their place, sure

(Bouncing off what someone said already in the comments)
I believe phones are the most ideal for everyday shooting because you can just hold it on your hip or hand and under special circumstances like if you’re at huge public outings like a festival,beach,Zoos or even a theme park possibly Special devices such as action cams,Spy glasses,etc. is a possibility but also like someone said in the comments, it would take steps to making sure you’re angled right meaning you would have to do trials to see how you’re going to achieve what you want.I’ve used my action cam in grocery stores and places more everyday and felt like people can see the lens and it was harder to get my shot because I was worried if I would get caught.

(I posted a picture on here of my wallet action cam setup on a post here)

But yeah,just take those things into consideration when wanting to use spy gear that even when being as discreet as possible you are still having to GET.THE.SHOT and how are you gonna present yourself when doing it.Better off holding your phone or using a holster.

1 Like
3 Likes