Would it be worth it to get the Osmo Action?

After many attempts with phone shooting I have decided to give up on attempting with it, I just don’t fit the profile of being not suspicious with my phone pointed at women lol.

Thinking about getting the Osmo Action since it falls within a reasonable budget, and the videos I’ve seen on it do look pretty good too, any suggestions, or should I hold off on to maybe do something different?

No experience with action cameras before but I don’t think it’s that unreasonable to try with one.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer, a laptop bag setup sounds like something I had thought up of, I would just have no idea on how to set it up though, it can’t be that hard right?

If I can’t figure it out then I’ll try again with either that fitbit camera or the spy pen you brought up :+1: :+1:

Wasn’t the Osmo discontinued? Idk if I would go with something that will lose support in a possibly very near future. The GoPro isn’t going anywhere! I just got a small bundle with the 8 Black (has the extra screen for $100 more) @$299 Xmas time for other uses. The 8 gets you in the line with serious quality and the new batteries which is always a problem (old ones have a 15min run time on average). Also see:

Amazon has (Akaso) action cams for $40-$70 to use as a trial before getting fully invested. You get 100 pieces/parts and shit. It is not of the same quality as far as buttons, GUI, etc and you can totally see the difference with the GoPro.

Either way, get yourself the best cards!! Make sure you research cuz it made a lot of difference with the cheaper cam. The cards can be used on the next device so shouldn’t be a factor when considering price. This is when the cards were $75 each! Meaning I spent more on the cards than the camera after a few trials and WAAAAAY worth the results. Used in water sports, snow sports, and roadway with subpar perfection when considering all other factors!!

2 Likes