Biggest regret (storage)

I used to use DVD-R discs to store footage from 2009-2011, then i started storing everything in MEGA, because of laziness and convenience. Of course my mega account got suspended and closed, and I lost a good bit of work. Now I use hard drives exclusively, encrypted of course. Learn from my mistakes :joy: that’s all I have for today. Go away now.

6 Likes

Painful lesson for sure. I’d also like all my stuff from TCF, but I’m locked out of there too. Oh well

1 Like

the owner of tcf is a complete scumbag. same with me too. i got an email saying id been banned (for not contributing - even though i did) and i requested my stuff be deleted. he sent a reply saying no with a smiley face. guy is a complete POS. at least here the mods actually delete your stuff if you ask them to (even though i strongly believe you should have the right to delete it yourself when you want to)

2 Likes

I have several comments I may try to combine about storage.
Best thing I have done is mirror the drives in Wi does machines, takes a few seconds to setup, hours or more to actually mirror. One drive goes bad, simply pull and replace like an NAS - there is a process though.

Have external drives with a double click on a .bat file to use the command prompt backup/copy feature. Runs like a script and done fairly quickly if often enough.

Have a cloud in house for quick file dumps and also mount to your windows machine for the backup feature above; access anything when away.

Finally, use OneDrive, iCloud or MEGAS but don’t share with them - a lot users are flagged based off the content of prior bans. Amazon may work too, I forget which ones reduce quality.

Then only manage one account at a time to share using something like a MEGA or Telegram. When banned or booted you lose no content.

2 Likes