Blurry pics

How do you guys get your shots so crisp and in focus. All mine come out blurry AF.

1 Like

iPhone 14pro
I usually shoot stills from a stationary position. Like say sitting on a bench. Ladies either standing or walking. Doesn’t matter always blurry.

Any examples?

2 Likes

I’m not close close but I’m not far either. Maybe 20-30 feet.
Also yeah smudges definitely cause issues but I keep the lenses clean.

Two options for video - You can enable ‘Action Mode’ on your 14 Pro which tries to stablise the video giving better stills. Alternatively, you can turn on 60fps 4K recording which takes more frames so you have a better chance of getting something usable. I use Action Mode - you can google how to turn it on.

If you’re going through video shot by shot you will find blurry ones and decent ones.

The main way to avoid blurriness though with video (and photos presumably) is just to work on technique and have the confidence to hold the phone stable for a little while so it can get a focussed shot. If you’re swinging it round to avoid looking suspicious then you just won’t get the shots. Just pause for a second or two when you can. Quite hard if you feel like everyone’s looking at you, but that’s where practice comes in - you have more time than you think

1 Like

I’ve seen your caps; you’re pretty far, dude.

1. get closer
    2 ) microfiber cloth to clean your lens before shooting (or your clothes, whatever works for you)

Then all the other common stuff like well lit environments, steady hands, etc. If you go through other posts you will get an idea of how close you want to be ideally for a clear shot.

2 Likes

SLO-mo works the best for me. Captors everything without the blur of the photos

1 Like

Did a test at work betwen slo-mo and action mode. Will update after I get home from work and go through it.

Nice. Let us know how it looks

I have a iPhone 12 Pro Max and I never take photos. I take videos and from there. I frame grab to the most crisp second. That’s how I do it.

8 clips, pulled betwen two modes. Clean lenses. Blurry every frame…

You must be moving the phone, or something like that. The image stabilisation on the 14 Pro is usually great. Why not try on some randoms in the street, or even just at home, to see if they still come out blurry? Or try some stationary caps rather than walking?

1 Like

Yeah that’s true. My photos come out crisp and clean with slo-mo

1 Like

Did some testing again today. Longer pauses better results.

Also action mode in the 0.5 zoom did waaaaay better than 1x zoom. Also way better than slomo.

1 Like