Front Facing Camera

How do we all feel about resorting to using the front camera on our phones? Reason why is because it would be much less suspicious as long as you use some type of BVR app which lets you record with a black screen or fake screen.

With phones having better and better quality, I don’t see any downsides aside from of course minimal quality loss. But if you are already close to your subject, you will barely even notice imo.

This is best if you have a bright colored phone and/or one with 3 lens because let’s face it, 3 lens looks real obvious. But for me, I just have a 2022 iPhone SE with a single camera lens, so in my situation it would be pointless and not worth it.

9 Likes

I would’ve assumed that the quality loss would be a dealbreaker for most phones

1 Like

3 lenses is a gift and a curse

1 Like

Doesn’t front screen have a green light?

1 Like

I get a case that blends into the camera as much as possible but I just have a bar camera array. Also in day time frame rate is king so the front cam can not do 60fps at 4k or slow mo on my phone. Plus automatic beauty mode softens the picture.

Maybe in some contexts it’s better but IMO most of the time 3 lenses aren’t too obvious or more obvious than front facing camera. It’s all about technique, confidence, social awareness etc. If you’re good at this, you can get away with it regardless.

Indeed technique and confidence are important but sometimes in order to prevent us from getting busted we have to make sacrifices in how good the cap turned out to be. A girl seeing your phone with the lens pointed to her will be much more suspicious. In order to get a great cap it does take more than acting natural. Because some shots are almost impossible to get by acting natural. So if you do something that doesn’t look quite natural to your subject, you can fall back on the fact your phone’s screen is facing her, and she will then think you’re not filming.

1 Like

If you’re in a position that is so suspect that you have to use front camera in order to SHOW the girl you’re not recording, you fucked up.

This implies the girl is suspecting you and maybe even confronting you. That is not something to strive for, it’s not worth it.

Again, I think in some very specific contexts front camera is better with background recording apps. But 99% of contexts, it’s not necessary if you know what you’re doing.

1 Like

Not necessarily. Some girls know the game and/or are much more observant. They may have busted someone before, and know what to look for. Even the best phone shooters get busted. Just a matter of minimizing it. Looks also play a big role, if you’re good looking it won’t matter as much if you get busted (some girls won’t care). What a shooter should know, is, how sleek do they want to be. A shooter needs to figure out the equilibrium betw3en getting a great candid and how suspicious they could appear to be. The more sus, chances are the better shots they would get. Simply turning your phone the other way will cut down on any suspicion by a mile imo. Of course, this doesn’t mean have a stiff arm and act weird. But you have more wiggle room to hold your shot longer.

1 Like

In order to get a great cap it does take more than acting natural.

I’m srry but no thanks, i could only imagine what you mean by this, and how that would look, and i think that’s the type of thinking of those that are always in a near busted situation, i have zero interest in going tru one of those being confronted moments, and one thing is for sure, those who are doing that are only exposing us more and growing more awareness.

Acting natural have always worked since 2014 for me.

2 Likes

S22 ultra has a good front facing camera if there is good lighting, also background camera apps can show 4:3 aspect for video, which will show more than the stock camera app, it wont crop the picture in video mode.