Guide On Posting Video Links

Thanks to @SniperOG for the suggestion. I noticed there’s some confusion amongst newer members on how posting links to videos works on this board, so thought I’d make a quick guide.

• If you’re a new member, and your trust level is ‘Basic’, then you cannot post clickable links.
  • When your trust level becomes ‘Regular’, you can post clickable links, but they will usually be sent to the pending queue and will need to be reviewed by a mod before going public.

These restrictions are set in place mainly to prevent mass spamming and to help upkeep the forum’s rules, and are the standard protocol for most forums out there.

You can upload directly to this site, but it’s easier to upload via an external cloud storage service/file host and paste the link here. Uploading directly to this site also will compress the file and lower the video quality. Some decent file hosts you may want to try include Mediafire, CyberFile, Bunker, FileLu, and GoFile.

However, if you are a ‘Basic’ user, you can still post links, just they won’t be clickable or track the amount of clicks - like so:

1. Remove the https and :// part of the URL.
  2. Say you’re uploading to FileLu (works with any file host, just space out the name before the .com, .net, .la, .io, etc.) – keep the filelu(dot)com part.
  3. Do a line break like so (keep the website name – ‘filelu’ – on one line and the domain extension – ‘.com’ – part with the rest of the URL on the next line):

filelu
.com/crs9z22psz2x

1. Or, if you want, you can just put a [.] in betwe33n the website name and domain extension, and it will achieve the same outcome:
    filelu[.]com/crs9z22psz2x

You can then post it, and it should go through without issues.

10 Likes

Guess I’ll be the first to say it: Thank you thank you THANK YOU for taking the time out and writing this guide. It’s incredibly beneficial and insightfully written!

1 Like

I have a question tho. If i share a link with mediafire. Is it possible for other to watch witout downloading? I cant figure out how

As far as I know, Mediafire doesn’t have an option for anyone to view the video beforehand, other than downloading it and playing it locally. For Mediafire, FileLu, and a majority of other file hosts, they require that the file be downloaded first before it can be played.

Okay thank you, so thats what everyone is doing? Of so i am fine with it haha. I just thought not everyone is willing to download a vid always when they wanna see it. Just wanted to give ya’ll the bes experience with my posts

I’ve have researched this.
File hosting that lets you preview or play the video.

Here are a few…

gofile .com
not free storage for multi files
built in video player

4shared .com
15Gb free, has video player

cyberfile .me
has video player
player seems to work only with small files
tons of popups plays ads

terabox .com
1TB free and video player

icedrive .com
10Gb free and video player

pcloud .com
has video player

mega .nz
10Gb free
video player only works with small files

mediafire .com
No built in video player

mixdrp .to
converts videos and down samples
has video player tons of popups plays ads

doodstream
has video player and compress videos
converts videos and down samples

candidgirls .io
Free hosting for video’s under 100Mb only
has video play back

2 Likes

Thanks for the list man!

1 Like

This really is amazing! What should i ise if i wanna have a solid platform where i can just let the videos sit there and delete them from my phone without needing to worry that they will disappear?

If you pay for hosting most hosts will not delete your files.
If you use the free hosting, yes they will delete your files.
The set t i m e frame for deletion is different for each host.

Something to consider very carefully.
Free is not always a good choice.

Mhm okay thanks

Yeah, good catch. I meant to say ‘Member’ instead of Regular. Too bad I can’t edit the original post, but whatever. Thanks!

1 Like