Help with tech please

Need help tryin to figure out a device i can use while out and about that isnt my phone and can be worn around without looking crazy. I have an Android phone so it would need to be compatible with it. I would love to post some of the content i can get or have been able to but my girl goes through my phone every now n then so i delete most of what i get at work. But now i have found this forum so ill be able to post it and delete from my phone so everyone can share the benefits of my work. I just need a device i can use on a daily basis that doesnt look crazy and is hands free so i dont have to carry my phone around with me at work. Thank you in advance

5 Likes

This is a good article. Mostly about phones, but very in depth. As to to tech there are spy cams and go pros and a lot out there.

I cant have a go pro on me at work unfortunately but like i know apple has a watch that has a camera does android? I need something hands free that doesnt look like a camera cause im at work. So the watch would be good or can you recommend some good spy cams that i can wear or something that doesn’t look suspect lol. I work with girls all day they walk around half naked so it would be a prime place for it but it is my work so need something a little more clever than a go pro and i cant walk around with my phone in hand cause im doing things

There do exist android watches and more generic semi-smart watches with cameras.

I haven’t looked recently but I’d want a watch with a not so obvious camera lens but one of decent quality with video recording capabilities. I would also want it to have lots of memory or a microSD card slot with support of 64gigs or better.

My guess is that the ones with better camera will have a more promounced camera lens but maybe you get lucky.

1 Like

An idea of mine is to hide a mini camera inside of a waterbottle somehow with a small opening for the lens. Just an idea but I feel like it would be perfect to set at the gym and record without anyone knowing.

1 Like

Whatever you choose, I would avoid bluetooth connections at all costs. They are vulnerable, and easily detectable by your IT dpt. It sound like a good hunting ground (your work) . . however, I would caution you: Be doubly careful at work. If caught it will mean more than just a one time argument with a stranger. It could mean big trouble.

This will sound odd, but you may notice that the wishy guys can chummier with the pretty ones than most of the rest of us. When I worked around a bevy of beauties, I hung out with a guy who was in the thick of the prettiest girls. He was not seen as a threat - just one of the girls. Wish I was shooting back then.

Ya thats pretty much ive worked there so long now that everyone is used to me and doesnt pay much attention to what im doing. I brought my phone out the other day and was recording so i got some decent shots i messed up the best one my camera was on rear selection instead of front like i thought it was. I use the black screen camera in the app store its great and u can show everyone ur screen as their walking by or whatever and they dont think anything of it the only problem is u cant easily switch the front and rear camera. I have to stop the vid and go into settings and then restart the recording. And like i said im working doing things around all these girls all day so i cant just hold onto my phone all day. The camera on the watch is fine dont matter how pronounced it is as long as it doesnt show a light or something indicating the camera is on. The hip holster thing is a good idea but the shots wouldnt be great cause im behind a desk so it would be recording to the sides of me and i need one that i can easily point in front without indicating im recording. I held my phone nonchalantly leaning over the desk the other day just relaxing it looked like as i was getting some great shots of this one girl. So I guess my question is what watch would be a good one to use that doesn’t show an indicator light. Or if there is something that i could use like the portable charger spycam. Ive been hesitant on buying the portable charger one just cause im unsure of how the camera would look on it and if its really hidden enough to use in my daily work activities.

Whatever you do, being and seeming as natural as always will be your best route to success. I’ll be curious to see whatever setup you choose.

I would think either the watch or the portable charger do u know of any that are good and either hide the camera completely if its a portable charger or a watch without an indicator light that can record to my phone or on its own i dont care if its something with an SD card or record to my phone memory. I have over 100GB left for storage on my phone so it wouldnt be an issue either way. Please if u know or any good watches that dont show indicator light or a portable charger hidden cam that the cam is really hidden. I have a wall charger i used for a while but the camera u can see if u look at it long enough. The IT department isnt an issue as im the only one at my work place. I run the shop so its easy enough to get away with. I dont have time to research on my own for devices so it would awesome to have some help with researching devices. Thank you

Try searching for things like,

Best spycam reviews
hidden camera wrist watch
Button cameras

I use a DJI action 2, comes with a power block which can keep it charged up. There is also a lanyard with a magnetic attachment so you can hang round your neck and keep hands free. Quality wise it’s 4k 60fps upto 80mbps bitrate.
Only downside is that you can’t use it for long periods at s time, 5 or 6 minutes at a go is fine though.

I looked up the dji, but how do u have it positioned? Around your neck? Still a tad big for that, no?

It’s all here:

2 Likes

Rig one of your pockets in a way that your lens exposes a little. If it’s jeans with frontal pockets, it’s super easy. Tie/Sew part of the bottom and side of the pocket to keep the phone steady and wallah, with this method of the front pocket, you can even be less shady by using the front camera.

1 Like

Awesome thanks for the tips i appreciate it and hopefully be some good ones coming up

I record with the screen off on my iPhone 11. It helps a lot

It’s phone or high end camera. All the “spy” tech is fairly garbage unless you can find good quality or build something yourself

Get a phone, or use a phone since it is easiest. Search for tactics to use and there are plenty on the site. There are backup devices, places to hide apps, files that allow content to be hidden, delete and recover later. This is technically not for the faint of heart.

1 Like

I’ve seen some tough excercises with the DJI 2, works great! Just can’t handle damage, IDK how little it can handle. If you need a camera to fall from an airplane and still work, go GoPro!

1 Like