Looking for Criticism

So I joined this forum with the goal of trying to improve my shots.

Looking for constructive criticism and feedback from the community.

I’ve had several posts that don’t get many likes and end up getting removed, many others that get lots of views but sit at 50 likes.

What am i doing right/wrong? Does this community have specific preferences?

My goal isn’t really to help lurkers bust nuts btw.

9 Likes

Firstly, i can’t really answer your question but i can say that there’s nothing wrong with the few posts i’ve seen from you with regard women or quality/type of shot.

Maybe it’s the ‘algorithm’, maybe timing of posts, perhaps the title/keywords and maybe, maybe networking within the site.

I’m just throwing ideas at you mate, sorry but we got some activity on this post at least.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with your content! It’s timing, users filtering and liking other posts instead of skipping them, and worst of the lurkers that can’t drop a like. There’s a chance your post gets a thousand views but minimal likes from the usuals/regulars!!
:+1::+1:

6 Likes

I’d have to agree with the above comment, @Limpypants. Honestly, the way you edit photos is great and they look pro.

I joined back in October and just started posting this month. Not too interested in the economic aspect of candids (selling this, though I respect the hustle). I’ve got more content to throw out there, but am just waiting for a few months, keeping OPSec in mind. Started posting because I want to get better as well.

Personally, I think it’s mainly due to factors out of our control: timing, titles, and keywords. One post (my Latina at the buffet post) got 100+ likes in like a day or two. A lot of my other ones that are up stay around 50-60ish range.

I try to refrain from titling shit like “MUST SEE TOTALLY EPIC LATNIA BENDS OVER” or “HUGE ASS PAWG CAUGHT ME” (and by ‘caught’, they mean she just looked in their direction or the camera… they make it seem like she confronted them lol)… and it’s 3 blurry pics and 1 decent pic lol. I dunno, maybe attention grabbing is something I’m bad at, but that’s just my 2 cents so far.

2 Likes

That’s some ‘good’ and ‘constructive’ advice LOL. It’s hard to judge what folks might like… one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.

I might not like some of what I post, but the community might and vice versa. So agreed, it’s really hard to sit there and say “Only post the best of the best”, since someone’s ‘best” is X, and another guy’s ‘best’ is Y.

2 Likes

my thoughts… constructive criticism / critique
Critique is what it’s called in art class

Ok, take this with a grain of salt. Your subjects are great in my opinion. Subjects are subjective and just shoot what you like. You can’t please everyone. That’s a good starting point.

I’m going to give some advise on editing. One thing I do notice is you cut off the heads and feet in a lot of your subjects. I would not do this. The ass is not always the main attraction.

Be aware of the composition when cropping your photos. Not always do you get a face or total body shot for every shot. But if your pics have the head, face, and legs/feet, consider including them. Cropping them out is not ideal in my opinion.

Another thing that comes to mind. Is the noise level or pixelation in some of your pics. This is a limitation of the phone quality and is hard to fix. You can use a filter in photoshop to reduce noise. That would help if you wanted to edit out some noise. But I would not obsess over it.

Most guys don’t even take the time to edit properly and it shows. So really it takes more time to refine a post and select the best photos to edit. I have noticed you have included some face shots in recent posts. Don’t stop, show more please.

As for posts getting deleted. This system is not ideal. You could spend a ton more time on perfect editing and it still might get deleted. But when you push your art form, you grow as an artist. Enjoy the journey.

Take good shots, select the best pics. Edit the best you can with refinement and post them. Enjoy the process should be #1.

6 Likes

Just post what you like and fuck who doesn’t like it. Quality over quantity when it comes to follows/likes. Someone could have hella followers and still get little engagement vs someone who has less followers but consistent loyal fans who engage more.

If ur content can’t get enough likes to stay alive, that should be a sign to switch something up…

2 Likes

Id say in terms of photo quality, you’re one of the best shooters on this site.

It has to do with a variety of factors: the quality of content, the subject, lighting/environment, your post in context with any number of posts that day, and so much more. If I were to sum it up, it’d be primarily the algorithm of all those moving parts, in question. To put it simply, one day your post can be 1 of the 50 good ones posted at a certain time. Another day, it can be one of the best ones posted. Another? Bottom of the barrel. Engagement is key, too. I find when I interact with other users posts, people are more likelier to search my profile, which could lead to older threads being responded to or liked.

4 Likes

Looked at your posts, you have great quality shots my man.

1 Like

I’ve liked a lot of your shit. Clarity in the pictures is really good usually.

3 Likes

Dude, you have great shots. The quality is great and the subjects are cute. In my opinion I just don’t think the people on this forum care much for DSLR shots. Your pictures aren’t blurry enough to do well here.

3 Likes

Here’s a few from the most recently removed post

5 Likes

Yes you have clear shots , but for some reason DSLR candids are just not my thing!
But everyone has different preferences.

2 Likes

I feel your frustration man, I shoot exclusively with a DLSR…I’ve gotten some amazing pictures, but they don’t do well here. I think most guys here prefer the up close phone shots of women at Target or at the supermarket. Perhaps it’s because there’s more of a sense of risk?

There are also way too many guys here who will like and comment on the most blurry and low quality pics. It’s almost like this is a blurry butt pic fetish site. It’s made me quite bitter. Good, quality, DSLR shots are just not appreciated here.

4 Likes

This is one of my best candid captures. I took great risk to follow this woman around through Central Park, getting real close and risking getting beat up by her roid head boyfriend…but it’s never gotten above 200 likes.

5 Likes

Crazy, considering how insane those are.

2 Likes

Well, this is one of my recent favorites for sure:

Worst I can say about the threads I poked through is that your subjects don’t always align with my tastes, but that’s true of anyone. The photos themselves always look good though.

If it’s anything like posting on Reddit, sometimes it’s just the dumb luck, or un-luck, of your post timing, title, etc.

4 Likes

In regards to this particular post:

In my *personal opinion,

Quality is great! In terms of environment/lighting, this is well done. However, i can’t say I’m a fan of this subject, in particular - not my cup of tea.

Again, though, I’ve seen your other sets and they’re fantastic! We’re just not gonna please everyone, and that’s ok! Eventually you’ll get better at knowing what will do well here and what won’t.

To drive the point further home, I had a video of mine recently removed by the garbage filter and it was actually one of personal favorites, even more than the ones of mine that have done exceptionally well, by comparison. I was shocked it got removed, because - at the very least - i thought it was deserving of more likes. On the contrary, there are photo sets here that get a massive amount of traction that i personally believe shouldn’t have, but that’s what people are into, so, i certainly won’t knock it.

My favorite post from you

2 Likes

Yeah, this is criminally underrated. Those are some fantastic shots, cooper.

1 Like

It’s not really noise most of the time

Usually either the lighting is bad so my camera is compensating or my focus was a bit off, which is something I am improving on as I go.

Getting the right shot is one thing, getting the focus right on it is another.