Phone recommendations

Hey guys, I have a phone that takes pretty good pics but the video function is abmysmal. I would greatly appreciate your thoughts an recommendations on which phone to go for if your preferred method of capping is by video.

My budget isn’t massive and I tend to prefer Samsung but am open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

It could be a settings issue. Post what device you have and others can tell you the best settings or at least what to look for.

I’ve been iPhone for years now, not enough knowledge of Samsung

1 Like

Same here. I lose a lot of great caps because i cant figure out the right settings. It sucks because one shot its crystal clear and the next vid like a minecraft vid. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I have an a Samsung A14. :slightly_smiling_face:

Are you looking for greatest quality, or greatest covertness? If you want to be most covert you’ll need a 1 lens phone. The iPhone SE 3 should do the trick, it’s what I use. There’s a sequel to the 3 coming out in the next couple years which will have a single 48MP lens, so I’m curious how that will do. In my opinion, the more inconspicuous your device is, the more confident you’ll be, resulting in steadier, more consistent footage. Make sure the phone you get is black too, to blend the lens.

I definitely don’t recommend a large phone as they are obvious when held in your hand. If you want to maximize quality while still being somewhat inconspicuous, try the iPhone 13 Mini.

2 Likes

Cheers!

I just upgrade to the iPhone 15 pro and it’s astonishing how easy it is to get high quality pictures or video, I love iPhone too because you can use voice over mode to turn your screen black while recording

2 Likes

Thanks man. Unfortunately I can only dream of an iphone atm, spending that much on a phone is way too luxurious. I am now looking at the Samsung A34, which seems to have a good video camera.

So whats your budget? Im a samsung user myself but im on the s22 so quality alot better, although i have heard the A12 you have does have a bad camera. So let me know the price range you have and ill recommend a good android with good camera for you

You talked about size, one lens/more lens/new lens, and color of phone - ALL OF WHICH DONT MAKE A DIFFERENCE They gonna see the phone eventually

It’s the settings, pics coming out bad/blurry

1 Like

I just watched a video on how to do this. Oh man I’m back in the game lol. Holy shyt

1 Like

I would agree normally but my phone doesnt have ultra hd video capability, whixh makes the video recordings rather pixelated. I’ve defi itely got to upgrade. Lol

1 Like

invest in a samsung s23 pro