Post source when not OC?

Maybe this has been considered. Maybe it’s a stupid idea. Was thinking it might possibly reinforce the value of OC, or at the least overtly distinguish the two types of posts from each other. Plus, might give credit where credit is due from time-to-time. (I realize most is probably re-posted here from somewhere that is re-posting a re-post of a re-post and the photog/og source long since drowned into the abyss.)

Idk just chewing on the thought. Be well.

6 Likes

Not that any one would want the task of ‘enforcing’ this, so this idea can probably be binned pointless.

Here is what ideally should happen. When posting not own content. It should be stated as such with (Not OC). If the poster knows the shooter name. Credit should be given out of respect. But 99% of the time that person does not know who shot it. Or is trying to pass it off as their own.

This is why I highly suggest everyone watermark their content. Then people will know who it is from and credit can be given.

As for enforcement, that would be the mods. Mods can ask, Is this your own content? I have caught MANY members that post Not OC and they never even acknowledge they are caught.

Yeah, I believe its fine the way it is. If more people were just upfront about labelling their videos Non-OC, I wouldn’t see a big deal, TBH.

Ultimately, this.