Shooting Advice?

I’ve been shooting for a few years and i’m starting to get frustrated. I have the potential to get some of the best catches around but my open shooting is really limiting me. I would love to get more frontals and follows but it’s so hard as an open shooter. I would greatly appreciate some advice on a bag setup or some type of hidden setup so I can get better quality and follows and frontals…

I understand you may not want to share your secrets but please message me with some advice. I swear I’ll keep it to myself and get to work to produce some of the best candidates around.

As you can see there’s lots of potential, please help.

38 Likes

Im not a pro shooter at all but frontals and follows are easily achievable with a phone? Don’t you do any of the classics, fake call, nose/elbow scratch, etc?

3 Likes

It’s still hard to get more than a second or two doing the nose scratch but yeah id like to get longer frontals and Follows or long shooting is hard Because they will get suspicious If you keep following with phone in hand

What i do is enter with my phone already out. With my camera i have it set so the volume button takes the shots, or video if i want that. Shutter sounds off and light off of course (you know this already).

I’m not much of a video taker…but same concept applies.

1 Like

That’s why i combine it with other stuff. It helps when you know a place and can predict where they’re going. If following I’ll also break off / rejoin her path and I walk ahead often. It just makes me look less interested in her and more interested in the shop.

The fake phone call serves a few purposes, can get side & front shots if i walk ahead but i can also use it to project a friendly attitude and mention products in the store like I’m buying stuff for someone else. This makes it seem like I’m relaxed, actually shopping and not at all focussed on her.

Once in front I’ll sometimes lay the phone on my shoulderblade whilst looking quizzically around the store for an aisle or product. Or, I’ll talk into the mic by holding the phone up to my chin (again, people do this.)

The main thing is i mix it all up so much that its hard to spot a pattern.

I only do longer follows when there’s clearly only one major route somewhere.

4 Likes

Maybe another device to shoot with? Mobile phone pretending to be on a call?

Maybe I’m just not getting it, but what is an “open shooter” that you were referring to?

To me an open shooter uses a professional camera pretending to take landscapes or pictures of buildings? That way chances would be very limited indeed, especially in a store.

If you are using a phone like everybody else, get your act together and learn to impersonate a regular shopper even for stuff you’re not interested in. At the end, catch her by the checkout and actually buy some item you might use anyway such as gum. In a checkout line, there’s ass, sides, facials and sometimes even fronts easily possible. If it’s taking long, even better. If you have the guts talk to her about how long this is taking and if she comes here often, maybe mention an item she’s buying and ask her about it. Of course don’t expect the latter to work if she’s got her basket full of feminine hygiene stuff. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes