Shooting with partner

I’m thinking about going shooting with a buddy of mine who shoots candids too. I never went shooting with another person. Has anyone ever done this ? What’s some good tips or tricks to keep in mind?

7 Likes

There’s classic getting a pic of your “friend” with a girl behind him in frame. One of you could talk to marks and try to position her ie getting a favorable angle for the camera man. Depending on the setting you could even get girls to pick stuff up or grab something like out of a backpack. The best team effort though is probably using your apparent friendship as a cover for say pool parties or beach trips, two creepers can be less conspicuous sometimes.

8 Likes

This would be great! Oh the possibilities!

3 Likes

Im down to join and be a 3rd

2 Likes

Yeah that would be fun. :de:‘s DM me if you interested to team shoot.

1 Like

From how I see it. You guys could easily get great shots if you do it right!! I’d totally be down for this too

2 Likes

Any german out there interested in partnering?DM!

1 Like

Nice idea

1 Like

I need someone haha

1 Like

Aside from what Dodibs said, you’re also just much more inconspicuous in any public location if you’re two people talking, rather than one person standing about.
Also you can simply get multiple angles, or take turns filming so each of you get less suspicion.

I’d LOVE to see the results! It’s hot to think of what you could get up to… Distracting a girl while your friend gets good shots sounds hot just because it’s a bit tricksy :sweat_smile:

On the other hand - make sure you can trust the guy. Make sure you have as much information on him as he does on you :sweat_smile:

Any active shooter from south Sweden interested to team shot ? Bc I return to Sweden next month to get nice shoots.

Well the thing is - it would feel to me sort of like a three-some with two dudes in it. No way! I want the girl(s) to myself. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Really good idea! I’ve DM:ed you

True, however I am convinced that no one is more qualified to be your shooting partner than yourself.

If you want high quality content, you have to simultaneously think from at least three different perspectives:

1. Your own: what you want to see from your subject

2. Your subject: how do you make her feel, is she comfortable to stick around and not run away, also where is she planning to go next

3. Third-party bystanders/security: how do you avoid raising suspicion and not have them white-knighting on you

Once you’ve mastered all three, and it can be very exhausting btw, I guess there is nothing more a shooting partner could help you with.

2 Likes

Just pretend you are doing something for you Tiktok video or Instagram. Then go to targets and just interview them. Ask them questions as you use your phone as a mic and your partner as the camera man with his phone. Then you can ask them to turn around and do stupid things for your channel.

May be too much work but could possibly creatw all this before hand or say your with a already created channel. But that will all depemd on the person to see if its really worth it or not.

I had thought about this aswell i need a partner in crime

Someone talk and ask questions to distract the mark. The only issue is you two might be fine as two guys talking to girls, but three and people might think youre trafficker taking pics and chatting girls lol