Spy glasses?

So I think I’ve asked this before, but since technology is always evolving, I thought I would revisit the topic. What is everyone’s opinion on recording with spy glasses? Is it discrete enough to use, or is it a giveaway? I just don’t know if I have the muster to go around with a phone in hand. I already wear glasses, so I’m wondering if anyone has had any experience or knowledge about spy glasses and whether they would be detectable in stores or on mall loss prevention cameras?

1 Like

Most of the spycams I have seen are so low quality that it’s hardly worth the expense.

4 Likes

Maybe, but I think that camera is a very wide angle lens…so it may be difficult to get good shots…unless you’re very short and your eyes are naturally at butt level, lol.

2 Likes

Precisely - the problem will not be the technical quality but the physical position you are wearing them. How you wanna get close to ass or cameltoe with those? Simply use a smartphone, people expect one to be in your hand anyway and these days you are almost raising suspicion without one. :grin:

2 Likes

The biggest con is a decent phone will have better quality than high end spy glasses. You will pay out the ass. I use a low end pair for work.

1 Like

Ah, I see…well what about non-close-ups…you know, something that’s from maybe about 15 feet away, like a whole body shot? Not even good for walk-bys that could be slowed down for slow motion later? I would be willing to invest in good quality if it’s available…at least at a somewhat reasonable price. But I’m more concerned about the discreteness and ability to coy people in my surroundings. Are they a give-away? I would be curious to know your opinion specifically…?

The ubiquity of the phone alone is worth its weight in gold. However, unless you can mess around with the orientation after the fact, you can perhaps fold it with the glasses pinching the outside of your pants pockets, or where your belt is. That is, if the stabilization on these things aren’t all-shite. The other option would be densely-populated areas where you can work the numbers game in your favor and edit after the fact. Still, your losing out on quality, and I’d imagine you need to shoot where there’s a lot of light.

2 Likes

Right, right and right! :muscle:
Just be confident with your phone in hand, do some normal stuff with it at the same time. For example, I always have my shopping list open and I sort of show my phone around (naturally, not emphasizing it) so everyone can see if they want to. I switch bet-ween filming and crossing off my list, or texting. No one will suspect a fuckin thing. People are not on to you per se, and no one besides yourself knows what you’re up to.

2 Likes

I have a pair that was $250, that records and takes pics in 4k or 1080p at 60frames/second. They are absolutely perfect and discreet and holds 128g of internal memory. All my work is done with them. Check it out

3 Likes

In order for tiny cameras to work effectively, the lens has to be wide angle. This means that even close subjects will look farther away. In my opinion, it’s not as interesting to look at a subject who looks far away and distorted by the wide angle.

1 Like

What’s the name of them

I always thought the glasses were painfully obvious