Thumbnails & Lists

Any chance we could ever get thumbnails for topics? Even small ones would help navigate the site much quicker, and result in less negative feedback on posts people don’t find attractive. Would help finding favorite topics again very easy.

Also, on profiles, I think I’d be great to be able and sort from newest to oldest posts or vice versa. I like the current top posts, but for convince sake, it wouldn’t hurt to have that option.

If this is not possible, I’d just like to know.

19 Likes

I’ve seen one other site w rectangular thumbnails up n down, but I think aesthetically, square ones could even do a better job and still fit the figure in frame we’ll enough to get a good idea.

3 Likes

Oh yeah for sure, idk much about the way these sites are setup, maybe it just doesn’t allow for that option,… unsure. But thought asking would be cool just to know for the future. @admin Any thoughts or opinions on either topic? just curious

1 Like

meh

I completely agree with this idea, it would be so much better

2 Likes

i like it clunky

Agreed - thumbnails is the biggest single change I’d request! And perhaps to increase the ‘probation’ period for a post from 10 to 24 hours (scale the required likes) because the 10 hour window can be a pot luck draw depending on the global time.

Also the word B E T W E E N is getting censored - the censor program may want an update with standard dictionary terms :stuck_out_tongue:

Otherwise great job guys, appreciate the place

4 Likes

Contrary to above me, i was actually just thinking to myself about how good our collective posts have been as of recently. Not sure if it has to do with new limits that have been set, but i believe anything worthwhile has been making it thru and will continue to. just my take on that

1 Like

I should add I didn’t suggest the 10 hour time limit change due to a perceived problem with the quality of posts making it through, moreso just by principle it might influence or introduce weird problems.

For example, as I don’t have the data, for all I know 75% of this forums traffic is USA (exageration) and therefore that 10 hour window would influence me if I really cared to purposely time my posts with what I perceive to be the busiest period. In fact, this would be a tactic most likely emplored if you don’t think a post will get the required likes in time without the help of peak traffic lol.

The idea was a 24 hour period (with an increase of the amount of likes required to compensate so quality doesn’t drop) just adds a layer of universal consistency. Your post will see every time zones busiest period within it’s probation period so to say.

There’s a setting that has a number of the new comments since your last visit to the post on the right side of it. I don’t think it’s default but things like that should be.

1 Like

Thanks for bumping this. @admin Any thoughts??? I kinda been drifting away, but these changes will pull me right back in

I like the thumbnails idea.

1 Like

I’m saying bro. Would make things SO much better :anguished: No mindless wondering around topics forever, just click the girls you like and view their set. Perfect!

1 Like

Taylor_Swift aka the boss is MIA. Or perhaps keeps a very very low profile. For whatever reason the site is on autopilot. Yes their are mods but the owner does not engage in topics. hmmm?

Btw… thumb previews are an excellent idea and used by 99% of candid forums. This site is the only one I know of that does not use thumbs for previews. Text based only for preview… smh

Idk if they care enough to change anything tbh.

I see a bunch of regular mods on here almost everyday, but the person who runs the site barely ever comments and has never responded to a message I sent them, or a topic I’ve tagged them in… I don’t expect a response anymore,… but just wish the group of frequent mods could update this stuff. I’ve heard their opinions on it and they agree, it could really make this sites experience so much better, but what can ya do?

1 Like

Changes have been made over time. Not sure what options are available for the forum layout. This isn’t something easy to run, especially with recent growth. Something tells me it would require some down time to make these changes to accommodate other factors.

i also greatly support thumbnail viewing would save lots of time for everyone and filter out good from bad much faster leading to improved overall quality of media which leads to more users and the postiive feedback loop winner effect continues

I think the owners dead bruh lol this is not happening. I tried messaging, tagging, other people to message him. I gave up

1 Like

The owner is active enough to delete unwanted posts and manage the content being posted for review.