Has anybody ever got caught?

Yes I do the same except I have set a Siri shortcut that turns the brightness down, turns on white point, and opens the camera app with one click on an icon on my home screen. I haven’t found a solution to the auto brightness other than turning it off which is really annoying because it is my daily driver phone. Also when I had an Android device I used Background Video recorder, the one that @RushReckless mentioned and this is the king of candid shooting on a phone. Records in the background and you can set it up to where it doesn’t save to your phones camera roll and instead is hidden within the app. So if you did get caught, you could literally show them your phones pictures and photos and nothing be there all while still recording. I’m highly considering getting a cheap android just so I can use this app again

2 Likes

Ok that does make up for it! The cameras are all comparable to each other, but can’t go too cheap right? Just saying

I would be very, very careful, especially if the subject you are filming is with a male such as her dad, boyfriend, husband or brother, or even son (worse if they are big and intimidating). Guys tend to be very over protective and will do just about anything (like maybe kick your ass) to keep perverts from filming.

3 Likes

You are a Pro Bro. Thanks for tips

1 Like

There is always the standard phone clip, often comes with the case. Extra bulk but you can rotate usually. You used to see everyone have them, males mostly, or people with two or more phone on their hip. Pull the shirt up and tuck, looks perfectly normal

I’ve been shooting candids for over a decade, but have only been caught maybe two or three times. I got greedy and followed the woman for too long and too close.

I’m doing things a little differently that all of you. I’m shooting with a DSLR camera, which is great for quality but not for stealth. I avoided detection for so long by sticking to heavily populated tourist areas of New York City, where you can get really close to a subject without being suspicious. The large crowds make it easy to get up close and the noise and commotion mask the shutter clicks. It also helps that there are hundreds of people with cameras around their necks so it’s not suspicious at all.

Since leaving the city I stick to sniping subjects from a distance with a big zoom lens.

9 Likes

Another technique worth mentioning, would have to be choosing your target carefully. I’ve noticed that Gen Z girls tend to be more aware of the hobby and more cautious of guys hanging around them with there phones out, so be extra cautious around them. I’ve also noticed that the absolute PERFECT targets are Moms, specifically ones that are busy on their phones and tending to there kiddos. I was at a Walmart capping a fine ass Latina mom, with my phone on a belt clip, and I stood within breathing distance of her while her back was turned and she had no idea. I was so close that if I had sneezed, I would have bumped her, but she was unaware because she was so preoccupied with her kiddos and on the phone.

15 Likes

Can’t wait to see the vid :muscle:

1 Like

Kinda do same but I put my phone in my pocket and record and the camera of the phone is out.

1 Like

Just for your information, it is not illegal to take pics or record a subject in public. As long as subject is not in a bathroom stall, a bathroom, a dressing room, or on their own property, there is no legal means to an expectation of privacy. Any public place is fair game. Now if you picture or video the same subject on different occasions then you could get hit with stalking, but otherwise, by law you are safe in this instance. Nothing an officer could do but make you leave if the owner of gas station asked you to.

4 Likes

Actually there are a few more laws and they will soon vary by state, already do by country.I think UK has a law right now, don’t know the details.

1 Like

I was in hobby lobby and some Mon put it together. I departed. Cops got me and detained me. They wanted to arrest me so bad but I broke no public law and no charges were sought by “victim”. Pretty much stopped creeping that day. Still an admirer of great art.

10 Likes

Been doing this for maybe around 12 years, I have never been caught. The only thing I’ve received is quick stares at me or the phone. And for some god dam reason a-lot of the time it’s hot asf.

7 Likes

Well that’s what I mean about being caught. I’ve never been confronted.

1 Like

She wore those shorts to bring the people like us towards. Smart move from her but annoying at the same time.

7 Likes

I got caught a few months ago shooting off a bridge. This chick looks right at me and locks eyes with me for a while. There wasn’t anything she could do about it because she was on the water and I was on the bridge, but I moved on from that location just in case she called the cops.

P.S. I’ll post the whole set later.

21 Likes

I’ve been wanting a hip clip for a min , looking real dad as f haha

4 Likes

She dead ass looked right into your soul. God that gave me the chills.

6 Likes

No on ever suspects the father adulting and taking snap shots of subjects booties :laughing:

2 Likes

lmao i once had my flash on. nothing really happened after that.