iPhone apps

Are there any good apps to use when filming on an iPhone?

3 Likes

I need to know it too

just put it inclow brightness and shut video with buttons

1 Like

also best app to keep files is file hub (blue folder logo)

1 Like

Filmic Pro. Not free, but can be set up to shoot with no preview (black screen). Also lots of versatility and very high quality recording.

2 Likes

How do you make the background completely black?

Same her, lower brightness or keep something in front of screen. I tried many apps to remove the screen but they aren’t great and always some quirk - I started my search for recording abuse or sexual harassment apps. Good luck testing! There was an old app that would make the screen go black, came with like 50 other apps, doesn’t work on new devices though.

I’m using Documents by Readle for the same. Also tried ES file explorer because it was on android.

Not the first time I’ve been too Filmic, I may have to jump in on it now.

Just get a phone wallet to cover up your screen

i turn my brightness down all the way
then use the triple tap power feature setup to control
the reduce white point i have that set too 100 percent and i can do all of this in the matter of seconds using the volume buttons to shot photos make sure live view is on so the photos are like editable videos
no one suspects anything

2 Likes

triple tap power? Never heard of it, doesnt work on my 11pro max - android thing?

yep me too. guided access functions.

1 Like

also, get a privacy screen protector to put on it.theyre like 5 bucks. Pretty much blacks out everything unless your looking directly at the phone. So someone would have to be looking directly over your shoulder with their head right next to yours lol. Turn your brightness down and forget about it. Noone can see what your up to, and you can just look like your scrolling facebook or something.

1 Like

i’d get one but i do a lot of editing and i need to be able to see all the details so something like that would throw the edit off but for others yes i’d recommend

2 Likes

go to your iphone settings and go to the search bar and type in accessibility shortcut and read the small caption and set it to reduce white point. then go to the search again and type in reduce white point click on it turn it on set it to 100% then triple tap the power button to turn it off leave the settings app then get used to doing that and make sure you also have haptic touch on so you feel when your camera has started hopes this helps

1 Like

This is great! Then no need to look at phone and it’s all automatic with button presses :+1::+1:

1 Like

@Memumzbum

If you have iPhone this will help a lot

1 Like

New iOS shortcuts feature is a game changer!!

With the press of a custom icon the screen goes straight BLACK minimizing brightness and white point, turns on Video using rear facing camera, and lowers the volume (for pics). And best of all, I can just say “Hey Siri, cam” and she is on it!

I got a shortcut for pics, vids, and to go back to normal!!

1 Like

Check out CovertCam. You tap the screen, it takes live photos as well as still photos. I’ve never been caught with it, keeps your screen completely blacked out.