Majorly busted at T-you know where, 99% sure the was police was called, how badly did I screw up?

Basically my dumbass went to cap at (insert store) with handbag and ended up getting my ass on the Assest Protection dude’s radar. And I’m 99% sure he called the cops on me.

So to preface, he didn’t catch me capping per se. He and a lot of workers saw my ass do one-to many go arounds the store. I was feeling confident because this was going to be my last session of capping ever, I just don’t like doing it anymore tbh.

However, I got a little too confident and screwed myself big time. I ended up following this milf to a crowded checkout line, and a worker saw me and told me to use this other one (I had just put random shit on my cart to avoid eyes). I made up some excuse to decline, and that caused the cashier to be suspicious. To make matter worse, I actually pulled away to see open my bag and genuinely check to see if I had the cash to buy the random stuff. Low and behold the AP dickhead walks straight into me, we make eye contact me while rummaging around in my bag, and yeah I start to notice a lot of eyes on me from the workers from this point. (To add context I had been in the store for about 3ish hours now just loitering abou with a cart, yes I’m dumb as shit).

So I knew my time was up, obviously, and put all the stuff back to leave. I had already finished my session and could care less. Well guess who’s coincidentally in every other aisle I’m in now? And I also noticed that a bunch of the workers are now lining up by the checkout side in a half-huddle, I breezed by and heard one of them talking about “how the cameras in the lanes see everything”. Yeah that doesn’t sound to good. I also noticed that the AP dude had been talking on the phone this entire time while staring right at me (though I saw him talking earlier tbf).

I get to the doors, the cashier is blocking the exit and basically asks me if I stole anything. I say no, and they tell the AP dude (who was behind me) that I “put everything back” and moved out the way for me. I then hear Mr.AP say “Get a license plate!” while I’m walking out the doors. I “briskly” walk away and dip into a busstop so I can just take a random one to get home, while I’m waiting there I hear sirens and then (with the sirens off now) I see a cop cruiser go down towards the “T-store”, passing me directly. I sweat bullets for a minute accept my fate, but nothing happens and I jump on the first bus.

Here’s my worry: I understand that I didn’t directly get busted for capping, but I think it’s very obvious to deduce what I was doing just by looking at the “convenient” positions of my phone + the spots I was in. I didn’t have my knuckles to the floor like some guys on bere, but I wasn’t moving like a shopper for the whole time. Even if they didn’t suspect that at all, a look at the tapes to confirm whether or not I did steal will find me out most likely. Doubly more so if the police get involved.

So what’s my worse case scenario? I’ll gladly take a warning or a ban, whatever, but what happens if the cops scrap the tapes? If they can’t immediately identify me, will they put up pics of me or something? Do they use the cams around the city/buses to find me? Do they match my face with an ID or something? Am I overthinking things lol?

If they DO find out who I am, do they give me a call and tell me I’m a weirdo? Are they gonna come to my house/do they need to come to my house? Can the store press charges, even though it’s my first time ever being in hot water there?

Am I being dumb? If they don’t catch me stealing on tape, since I didn’t, will they just move goalposts to me being a creep? Say they can’t even confirm that I did take creepshots, can the cops still get involved? Any advice/roasting is appreciated.

14 Likes

They probably just thought you were stealing, 3 hours in a store is way too long dude.

This is a major con of the bag setup while shooting in stores. You’re overreacting rn, as long as you didn’t get any illegal pictures or angles theres nothing to sweat over.

41 Likes

The truly disappointing part of all this is the lack of any visual aids which would have certainly made all the difference in how I feel about your exploits. I partially blame Obama but some of this falls at your feet bro. You had such potential, mistakes were made and hopefully a lesson will be learned. Keep your head up, sport. Tomorrow is a new day for a fresh start.

5 Likes

For real who spends 3 hours in a store doing nothing but capping?

34 Likes

I think you’re good bro. Don’t overthink it. It sounds like they thought you were stealing. I had someone come up to me once while I was in the store for I say 40 mins? Im sure they thought I was trying to steal. But I played it cool and stayed in the store another 10 mins to make sure nothing was up cause I was worried. I then went back a day later, spent an hour at the store because I wanted to make sure I wasn’t being targeted or caught and turns out I was good. So I think you’re fine man.

1 Like

Dude, you’re trippin out. Just don’t go back.
Worst case scenario, you’ll get a ban next time you set foot in there. Unless of course you were capping illegal subjects, then I would hope they’d pursue you.

1 Like

What other angles are illegal other than upshots

Yeah i thought I was just paranoid at target, or Walmart . But I’m 99% sure they know what I’m doing after my 3rd go around the store lol. And I’m only capping when I’m on the need for speed if ya know what I mean…. So I probably look hella sketchy right away and I usually chicken out every time I go to snap some pics : I usually act like I got a phone call and say “I’ll be right there” or some stupid ass shit. But 3 hours yooooo Hahahahah that’s great.

Tbh bro they just thought you were stealing. Hence why they told you if you were stealing anything. 3hours in a target is too long. To cap or to steal. If you steal or cap you got to do it and head for the door. Because they are watching on cameras and the longer you take the leave. The more time you give them to get evidence together and confront you.

2 Likes

Cool story bro, you got the caps by any chance??

Jk bro you should be good no need to stress, they’ll probably review the footage and see if you stuffed anything in your bag, if you didn’t steal they’ll drop it but I would just avoid the store for the mean time

1 Like

Dude 3 hours ??? :joy: what’d you expect fam

7 Likes

I got busted once and the cops came. Looked at all the footage I got and let me go because it technically wasn’t illegal… aka no filing up a girls skirt or bathroom stuff. Simply walking around filming girls walking and what not isn’t technically illegal. However the store can ban you.

1 Like

They thought you were stealing. Besides they can’t prove you were capping. Pretty sure they’d need a warrant to take your phone and look at it.

They didn’t need a warrant to look in your phone?

1 Like

3 hours? Bruh…

1 Like

My god! Three hours? You gotta do better than that man :man_facepalming: Once, MAYBE two times around and get your ass out! I would probably steer clear of that place, maybe forever. Find a new store in a new part of town.

1 Like

determined ahh :sob::sob:

So the story is you’re a dumbass for being in a store for 3 hours. Dude thought you were up to something sus, most likely stealing/switching tags). You didn’t know how to act and now you’re fucked lol

Like I said only cap if you’re gonna be shopping at the store. That it … plain and simple if you don’t want to get caught.

5 Likes

Or just do two sweeps max. Should take less that 20-30 mins and leave

3 Likes

Yeah dude especially if it’s target since I’m sure it was. They have a lot of eyes on the shopper. Even though their main focus is shoplifting. Target has a lot of cameras and if you were there for 3hrs or more I’m sure that put you on their radar lol