Majorly busted at T-you know where, 99% sure the was police was called, how badly did I screw up?

Corret, any person with common sense would know better. After 20 mins going around doing nothing you should get your ass out if you don’t want trouble. At best they thought he was shoplifting.

Damn 3 hours in a store is looney tunes… 20
Min max especially if you’re just walking around with out any items.

adding onto what everyone else has said about the situation, I think you’ve forgotten about being suspicious outside of shooting. Staying 3 hours, having a cart of “random” items you stupidly put back AND you mindlessly looped around the store is begging for unwanted confrontation.

In the future, go to stores when you actually need to shop there. It’s an unnecessarily high risk to wander and fake looking normal.

mayb take yo ass somewhere else & not stay at the same spot for 3hours unless its a mall :joy:

You’ll be fine, just avoid that place for a few months. I sometimes cap for a few hours as well but go around and actually shop for things that I need. Im more worried about other people than the empolyees when I go out.

1 Like

This topic keeps coming up again and again. Please people…pay attention to your surroundings and learn from others who have already been there…

5 Likes

I’m just picturin the guys on control room looking you for 3 hours, is this guy still here?! man, that’s one epic NO NO, how you get so carried away is beyond me lol

4 Likes

This feeling that the OP mentions is why I’m trying to quit. The temptation to cap is real of course, and I’m not making any moral accusations like some people do when they quit, but I can’t deal right now with the constant sense of impending punishment hanging over me

Honestly it’s the best reason to quit - peace of mind!

To the OP though, I wouldn’t worry unless you were doing something obviously illegal. These things can seem bigger in our minds. Just avoid that store for a good long while

3 Likes

I stopped going out of my way to cap. For instance, I used to drive 30 mins to get to the mall and cap for a hour or 2… now I only cap if something stumble in my direction while I’m out, no more mall. Less stress this way.

3 Likes

Yep. It’s far better to be opportunistic than hang out somewhere for ages. Although I do do a few trips round the mall whenever I happen to be there

Lol… yeah…

So, I don’t need to tell you it’s best to avoid that store from this point forward. The fact you you nearly had all the staff descend upon you like the arrow scene in 300 should tell you everything.

Nobody can answer your questions with 100 percent certainty because nobody really knows. I will tell you they more than likely checked the cameras and deduced what you were up to considering you gave them 3 hours of runtime to work with. You technically didn’t break any laws so they cops don’t give two shits, nor do the staff.

However, it’s at their discretion to trespass. I doubt they will because they don’t get paid enough to sit there and look out for you, but seriously dude, get a grip. 3 hours is WAY too long, and doesn’t really align with the idea that “you just don’t like doing it anymore”, because if you didn’t, then you certainly wouldn’t be in a store for 10x longer than you should be, prowling through the aisles like a mad-man enough that everyone became aware.

But anyways, let’s see the pics.

8 Likes

Yep - best way to get over it - post the pics!

1 Like

Lol this was entertaining of things NOT to do. I highly doubt nothing is going to happen and it’s better for you to be thought of as a thief than a creep. Learn from your mistakes and carry on.

Mistake 1: Is the bag in a store. Automatically you have eyes on you. Find a new technique

Mistake 2: 3 hours in store way too long if you nothing in your cart. Advice to you stand in a aisle with no one in it and pretend as if you are browsing and trying to decide whether to buy or not. Works in pots and pans section

Mistake 3: You went back and put everything back instead of leaving. Advice to you. Just pretend to pay for it and when you reach for your wallet be like dang can you watch this for me i forgot my wallet in my car. Then just leave.

As long as you didn’t steal anything didn’t cap up some persons clothing or try to film in the dressing rooms you are good. Don’t worry and stop stressing

1 Like

Everyone has already said it, but THREE HOURS? Dawggg

2 Likes

Nothing is going to happen. Just be more careful

99% chance nothing to worry.
You weren’t stealing, right? That’s why they were on you. The store knows the security doofus so when he’s out everyone takes notice. But you were there for capping, they weren’t looking for you stealing. But they do have cameras, they might go back just to find nothing but want to see you in trouble.

That said, what’s the laws in your area? If you can freely capture video in the public then you have nothing to worry. Go back to the store, they got nothing on you. I wouldn’t go capping

1 Like

Also depends on state and its public or private property. I do it regardless

show us the girl you risked it for, we’ll let you know if it was worth or not

1 Like

For summer time capping. I advise you guys to tint your car windows. and blackout your front window. I just brought the Canon EOS 6D DSLR Camera with 24-105mm

And I’m practicing capping with it now.

1 Like

Capping for 3 hours inside the same store sounds crazy.

That’s 2 college classes
That’s an entire NBA game.
You could almost finish inglorious bastard’s in that time.

4 Likes