Subject Matter Getting Harder to FInd

Is it just me or is quality subject matter becoming harder to find? Back about 5 years ago, public places would be crawling with all sorts of amazing talent to see. Now? It seems like all attractive talent has become recluse and nearly impossible to find, relatively speaking. Weekends were always the most plentiful occasions, but now it seems like that is the ONLY time talent is out. And even then, not like it used to be. What has happened? Where did all the amazing talent go? Is it just me and my area? Or is this something everyone else is experiencing?

If so, any suggestions on where to find great talent during the regular hours of a weekday anymore?

4 Likes

Cruise grocery storesā€¦

1 Like

Well, regardless of what others think we are still making it through a pandemic so unfortunately ppl are still scared. Imo itā€™s the pandemic slowing down ppl actions and wanting to go out.

In my area I donā€™t have to try plenty of women, but when I shoot I go by myself I hate distractions from othersā€¦regardless tho the pandemic has a lot to do with the fuss.

3 Likes

Covid did take a toll. On the flipside, I have found the lovies want to get out and show off in the warm weather. So far this season, I am still finding suitable ā€˜talentā€™ for my camera

2 Likes

Maybe itā€™s just where you live?

I live in a busy city with a few big universities in town. There are women in skimpy clothing everywhere I look. It could also be that I live in a warm climate, so itā€™s normal for people to be wearing less clothes

5 Likes

Same here. Iā€™m in the northeast US, and there is a business district (where I shoot my office girls), and we get tourists. Some dam fine girls sometimes.

4 Likes

I would agree. You get good results . . .

2 Likes

I did notice that the seasons had more of an effect on womenā€™s clothing choices. In New York I only got candid shots in the spring and summer.

1 Like

Boston is like that too. BTW, I like your avatar and name. I used that name for an old account on flickr. Small world !

1 Like

Give it some time, where I am they are coming out all over again. And its really hot outside so tons of ass hanging out lol. Im trying to be brave enough to post soon as Im out of retirement taking some new shots and practicing. Just holding off for getting really good again, but also been like 10 years lol!

2 Likes

I feel the same way sometimes, could just be a slump and just need to wait it out.
That said, Iā€™m not in the best areas, so getting content is difficult already.

1 Like

I also used DB Cooper on flickr and on TCF. Heā€™s a great avatar for international man of mystery.

So do you think he got away with the money?

2 Likes

Ah, the question . . . From the romanticistā€™s perspective Iā€™d like to think so, but in the context of reality, maybe not. The cash that was found years later in the river wasnā€™t the amount he got away with. Who knows, if he landed safely (if), he might have been robbed. There are a few interesting documentaries - which ask the same question - ā€˜Did Dan Cooper make it or not?ā€™

1 Like

High praise - thank you. One of my favorite shooters is Angel Dust. He has access to a lot of model types, and I believe heā€™s a professional photographer. The man is an inspiration.

I donā€™t remember lcslvl

Hit up Targets/Walmart (Target is better imo) in rich/middle class areas (lotā€™s of subject matter to be found) or any store near a gym, or even the gym itself, best of luck brother :handshake:

1 Like

No problems where I am, close to 2 big cities and life is back to normalā€¦ no masks, no testing, no COVID it seems.
I agree that weekends are best, Saturday afternoon here is rammed with totty. I also have some universities close by which are great for summer shooting.

2 Likes

Ahh a fellow veteran marksmen of experience. Respect to you. I as well, have been involved in the game for many years, retired for 5 years or so, but recently emerged back into the scene in 2021

1 Like

You find success on campus, even when regular year classes arenā€™t in session? what are they, summer class students?

Targets are sensational I agree. But for me, the demographic of them are starting to change over timeā€¦the average customer has diminished in class, and a lot of the targets that used to host rich/middle class subjects are now the frequents of a more ā€œdollar treeā€ style customer. The malls are still great though.

I have to agree. I have better luck with office girls, workout chick, tourists in shorts. Mostly outdoors so far. Will venture indoors more this year .

1 Like